Welcome to Audi S3 Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many people warm up their Audi S3 before driving?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't

3 27.27%
  • I always do

6 54.55%
  • I do but only on really cold days

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFannan View Post
    I'm yet to receive my S3, just wondering how you can tell when the engine is heated up? - In my Peugeot 208 GTi 30th there is a temperature gauge which allows you to see when its warm.. is this the case in the S3 or...?
    It's kind of a pain to get to but it's under Vehicle functions in the MMI.

You can access it via the buttons on the steering wheel.
    Vehicle functions > Lap timer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFannan View Post
    I'm yet to receive my S3, just wondering how you can tell when the engine is heated up? - In my Peugeot 208 GTi 30th there is a temperature gauge which allows you to see when its warm.. is this the case in the S3 or...?
    audi wasn't so good in the engineering part of gauges here. it is hidden in another submenu. now what you can do is bring it to the main menu by vcds coding it. what you will see is the OIL temp not the coolant temp. for a while I didn't notice it was for oil and not coolant so it would take me forever to warm this shit up. I ended up adding a separate gauge for that coolant temp. I personally only care if the coolant temp is up to start driving it. most cars out in the market now have coolant temp and that's what we all look at to know if the car is ready to drive. oil temp is more for hard driving and most of us only get as far as the traffic light before we just need to wait and the oil temp will warm up by then.

I saw that the new gauge clusters have the water temp showing all the time. way better if you ask me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

I just get in and drive ASAP. My '13 A5 would actually display a warning not to warm the engine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

so they didnt give us a water gauge which is annoying. i did add in a separate gauge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 92683 View Post
    so they didnt give us a water gauge which is annoying. i did add in a separate gauge.
    Yup the lack of temp is really annoying especially on turbo charged cars. You can really feel the S3 lose power when its driven hard on hot days.
    2015 Audi S3 - Florett Silver, 3M Crystalline Window Tint, Suntek Clear Paint Protection Film, Blackvue Dashcam, Weathertech Mats

Want a free AudiS3.org decal? Click Here
    Follow Us On: Facebook - Twitter - Google+

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Yeah, I just brought up the engine oil temp via Lap Timer. It is annoying that it can't be selected to always display regardless of the screen you select. I like the digital readout speedo and would like the oil temp to display too. I really wish these cars displayed coolant temp and oil pressure/temperature.
    '71 914-6 0372
    '10 997.2 C4S Coupe
    '16 S3 (DD)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    for a while i was using the oil temp to gauge driving temp and i didnt know it was oil for a while. i wasnt paying close attention to it at first. but water temp is more of what we need to drive with.