Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Neuspeed Power Module

Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 S3|Prestige|Blk Optics|S.Seats
Hey Folks:

Wondering if anyone has installed or tired the Neuspeed Power Module in their S3?

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/neuspeed-power-module-64-10-15

35HP/70TQ isn't that bad for $380.

I do NOT want to start a war on ECU tuning as opposed to this piggyback. Just curious if anyone has tried this module and their thoughts on it.

TIA.

ESSS 3

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Check out the Burger Tuning JB1 piggyback unit as well, it's a bit more effective/safer than the Neuspeed !!!

OP
s3pang
Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Check out the Burger Tuning JB1 piggyback unit as well, it's a bit more effective/safer than the Neuspeed !!!
Totally understand this is more effective than the Neuspeed module as you can control more functionality but how is this unit "safer"?

Not here to start a pissing war, but curious as to why you think this unit is not "safe"?

ESSS 3

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
from my understanding the Neuspeed module does not directly control the fuel trims as the JB1 does.
Neuspeed waits for the air/fuel ratio (thru the cars ECU) to go lean before it begins to add fuel, were as the JB1 actually regulates the fuel rail pressure and alleviates what I feel is a shortcoming of the NPM.
IMO piggybacks are somewhat of a gamble in and of themselves compared to an actual tune, so this makes the JB1 a safer choice, and the product I will most likely choose in the future !!!
Besides, the customer service and product development/support from George of Burger Tuning is second to none.

Last edited:

Vasteve20

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
The burger tuning piggy looks like the one. Hopefully it supports the 17'

ESSS 3

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
The burger tuning piggy looks like the one. Hopefully it supports the 17'
I agree Vasteve20, going to pull the trigger on a JB1 for my '16 in the near future.
From what I have read on the forums I believe both the JB1 and the JB4 can be installed on a 2017 S3/Golf R.
They are ECU (engine horsepower specific) and not year specific, until you get to different generations.
See the link below:
http://www.burgertuning.com/volkswagen_vw.html
Good Luck.

OP
s3pang
Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
Bought a JB1 last month and haven't looked back at all.

Love it!

Vasteve20

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Bought a JB1 last month and haven't looked back at all.

Love it!
How noticeable is this option? After reading the insanely long vwvortex thread, seems like a solid addition. Honestly I'd like to just go with an APR reflash, but of course 799 + instant void of the warranty = find another option. I like that you have a bit of control of control and the testing on blended pump gas and ethanol (E35). With an E85 pump near by and my previous car running exclusively on e, It makes playing with a blend tempting.