Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Audi could deliver an SQ2 - complete with S3 powertrain

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

According to the most recent report concerning the four-ringed brand, the top brass in Ingolstadt is looking over the prospects of bringing a high-performance SQ2 small crossover.

The baby-rocket is coming in fast considering the Q2 is only due in showrooms this fall, with Audi already looking to please fans and also bring in more cash. Stephan Knirsch, Audi?s Board member for Technical Development, recently commented it would be ?relatively easy? to bring to life an SQ2 because the Q2 and A3/S3 share the same modular MQB architecture. He added the company is currently analyzing the prospects of the hotter model, which should include S3?s turbocharged four-cylinder, 2.0-liter engine. The TFSI engine iteration comes to life with 310 horsepower (228 kilowatts) and 280 pound-feet (380 Newton meters) of torque in the facelifted S3 roster and packs a manual gearbox or the S tronic, which ups the torque level to 295 lb-ft (400 Nm).

This should bring lots of grunt from the baby crossover to satisfy Audi fans. But wait, there?s even more. It appears the same report mentions Audi sources have tipped a fully-fledged RS Q2 model with RS3 credentials ? the turbocharged 2.5-liter, five-cylinder engine with 400 hp (298 kW). The standard Q2 is going into showrooms this fall, so an SQ2 won?t arrive until late next year and a possible RS Q2 should wait even longer, until at least 2018.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Would there also be an SQ3 in the US?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I would love to see this here in the US.

esemett

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
S3
I'm not a fan, reminds me of a Dodge Caliber SRT.