Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

The Audi RS3 shows up at Paris with five cylinders, 400 hp, and a scowl

Audi S3 News

Administrator
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

Last night at the Volkswagen Group Night, almost lost among all the future mobility hoopla about the Volkswagen I.D. autonomous EV concept, Audi parked an RS3 sedan. We have some preliminary information about it ? including that it's packing a 2.5-liter TFSI engine, the same five-cylinder powerplant that makes 400 horsepower in the new Audi TT RS we just drove.

In the RS3, it'll have the same rating. It'll also have a wider track, because it's surely packing wider and stickier rubber. We also know that it'll have a special Virtual Cockpit gauge display that puts the tachometer in the center, in the tradition of sporty driver-oriented cars.

Before you sigh something about the injustice of it not reaching the Americas, like many RS models of the past, great news: this one is almost assuredly coming to the US, according to our best intel. We'll have more details later today after the official press conference, but for now the bottom line is this is both what we expected and also truly exciting. We're in the midst of a real Audi RS boom right now.

Text Source: Autoblog

fclifton78

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Nice, i wonder how much in U.S.?