Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

2017 s3 homelink

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi s3
Hey all!

Just got my 2017 S3 2 days ago and can't pull myself from the car. I programmed all but the darn homelink, anyone know where the sensor is on the 2017? I watched the video and felt like an idiot for 15 minutes after wondering why it won't work.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Wait a minute....did your '17 S3 come from the factory with the HomeLink installed or did you have it added at the dealership? Is it a Prestige Package car? Could you please post a photo of the HomeLink? BTW, when I programmed mine I just pulled it into the garage and opened the sunroof and programmed it using the hand held remotes that came with the garage opener by holding them right next to the actual HomeLink buttons. Worked the first time. Good luck.

OP
G
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi s3
Thread Starter #3
Hey Cairo,

Thanks for the reply. I have a premium plus model, the homelink was an added package from the factory (cost $300...ish)

Thanks for the tip, the Audi video and owners Manual didn't help much...

I'll grab photo here shortly. (Can't seem to attach it via my mobile)

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats!

To program the HomeLink you'll need to use the remote that comes with the garage opener.

Basically you push and hold down garage remote button, at the same time bush and hold the desired HomeLink button until the led flashes rapidly. When I programmed mine, I placed the garage remote close to the HomeLink buttons.

After that is done you'll need to push the learn button on the side of the garage opener and immediately push on the HomeLink button so that your HomeLink is synced with the garage opener.

Here's an easy video. If you have the rolling code like mine, make sure you watch the video all the way through. Especially from 3:10.
[video=youtube;0BseDur3LG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BseDur3LG0[/video]

OP
G
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi s3
Thread Starter #5
Thanks so much! Looks like the last programming item I need to do in my car.

Looking forward to getting past the break on period... only 700 more miles to go until I can unleash the engine.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Glad to help.

scrape

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Waiting to see the picture of the homelink as well. It's not even available here in Canada. :(
Hey Cairo,

Thanks for the reply. I have a premium plus model, the homelink was an added package from the factory (cost $300...ish)

Thanks for the tip, the Audi video and owners Manual didn't help much...

I'll grab photo here shortly. (Can't seem to attach it via my mobile)

OP
G

Ghost_A064

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi s3
Thread Starter #8
Hey Cairo sorry, cant seem to attach the photo...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
No worries. Cheers.