Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

2016 S3 Tech

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
One reason I bought into the S3 over BMW/Benz was the available tech for the money. The CLA/2 Series were at least $10k more without any significant performance advantage. Now, I'm a little more distressed that some of the advertised tech has been removed without any compensatory or mitigating replacement. First and foremost, access to Facebook was removed reportedly by FB for liability concerns. I'll be the first to agree with this as drivers do not need to be looking at FB while driving; however a passenger could use it (disable if the passenger seat is unoccupied?). In any event, included in the brochure and ads but not in the car. Second, text messaging doesn't work with an iPhone unless you disengage iMessage and even then, I can only receive and the call the individual. There is no ability to dictate a reply. I figured out the iMessage problem after only 2 hours with Audi MMI support (I watched all the tutorials). Lastly, there's Twitter. Through MMI Audi Connect, you can see your Tweets, but again, there is no ability to dictate a Tweet. One can only post one of 4 pre-programmed tweet (your current longitude/latitude! WTF). Am I missing anything? Anybody else find ways around this using MMI? I told the Audi rep and wrote to AudiNA that Audi should offer free upgrades to CarPlay or the Android system for those users. No reply has been received. The removal of this tech arguably could lead to unsafe driving as some folks will undoubtedly just whip out there phone and send a text while driving instead of pulling over. Go figger. Sat least the car performs exceptionally well.[hihi]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
You can always dictate messages from your phone.

OP
jfglass

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Thread Starter #3
Sure, I can use the phone for anything I want, but if I have to disconnect it from the cable it's a PITA and that's not what was advertised.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Sure, I can use the phone for anything I want, but if I have to disconnect it from the cable it's a PITA and that's not what was advertised.
I agree and was just giving you a work around.[like]