Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Audi S3 is an example of more from less

Audi S3 News

Administrator
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

In just under a decade, the term ?compact luxury car? has taken hold. Prior to that time frame, the term ?luxury car? almost always referred to a mid- or full-size sedan. If you wanted a smaller-sized sedan, you did not shop the luxury brands. Well, Audi and the rest of the premium car manufacturers realized they were missing out.

So, Audi created the compact entry-level A3 sedan and added big luxury-car features, performance and engineering to pull in buyers who wanted more from less. I recently tested a performance-oriented 2017 Audi S3 2.0T quattro S tronic sedan.

While the S3 has been around since 2014 (as the 2015 model), Audi has bolstered it with updates to keep it current.

For 2017, the changes are subtle, and visually I had to look hard to distinguish the S3 from the larger S4. I like the revised, aggressive front fascia featuring standard xenon headlamps, and the new wheel design looks sharp, but aside from those upgrades, the 2017 S3 resembles the 2016 version. The S3?s specs include a 175.5-inch overall length and a 103.4-inch wheelbase.

Read more on Chicago Sun Times.