Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
I have a life time but my trial has ended but it still works for some reason.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I have XM in both cars. However, I negotiate a nice price with them every year.

chazmangus

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3
I plan to pay for the subscription I don't really use SiriusXM ever but I guess I got used to paying for it back in the day when you needed it for Traffic and other things,.. PRE MMI 2G/3G and now I just like being able to use it on a road trip.

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I think I got lucky.. my "trial" is on its 13th month now.. haven't paid a dime! 4G LTE expired a long time ago.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
how many months are were supposed to get it for free?

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
how many months are were supposed to get it for free?
My last Audi's only lasted for 3 months. 90 days after I drove it off the lot and it was back on the preview channel like clockwork.
Sirius can eat the largest bag of d1cks available as far as I'm concerned. They suck. Worst customer service in history. They used to send me portable radios that I didn't ask for and one time almost 10 years ago they billed my credit card $400 out the blue and I was a nightmare fighting them (and my bank) on getting it fixed. I almost sued them. They finally reversed it after I threatened to sue. I dunno maybe this my good karma back from them. But I'm not complaining!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
I have a Q3 and it went out after a few months.

I have an unlimited plan on an old radio but they wont let me use it on my Q3 because they said ill have to close or pay for the traffic which is free for a little more time.

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I have a Q3 and it went out after a few months.

I have an unlimited plan on an old radio but they wont let me use it on my Q3 because they said ill have to close or pay for the traffic which is free for a little more time.
[MENTION=124]92683[/MENTION] Google search "Sirius Xm class-action" and there is plenty of BS to sift through regarding your exact situation. Like I said... they suck!

Anybody else "love" the, as much as I do or have their own shitty experience to share?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
wait... so your saying that I CAN move my existing lifetime subscription to the car without loosing my current (what ever is left of the traffic) traffic service which technically I paid for when I bought the car new?

OP
S3Fan

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #11
wait... so your saying that I CAN move my existing lifetime subscription to the car without loosing my current (what ever is left of the traffic) traffic service which technically I paid for when I bought the car new?
Just tell them you were in a car accident and need to transfer your account. They'll do it without charging a fee, otherwise they'll charge a service fee.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
its not the fee that's in concern.

they said they cant combine my already paid lifetime subscription with the current subscription on the car which has the free intro traffic. it sounds a bit off for me as its a free trial version, why cant they just setup the account with my lifetime and just reintroduce the free trial from that account?

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I?ve kept my Sirius. Service for a fair price for well over a year now. But I have question. What does this icon symbolize? Stereo?..
[/url]Audi MMI by Jim Glass, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
never seen that icon.

try to use a link that has a picture ending, like .jpg or something like that.

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
never seen that icon.

try to use a link that has a picture ending, like .jpg or something like that.
Look now!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
have you tried looking in the manual book for this icon?

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
No. That would be the smart thing to do but it requires digging it out from the spare tire well. I was just hoping someone knew!

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
oh ok, gothcha. now you got me curious.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
so the update for siriusxm.
they lost a class action lawsuit. anyone with a lifetime account is able to move the account from car to car. they might still charge the transfer fee but i think it was reduced from $75 to $35 per change.

i have not had a chance to use the idea of a damaged car reasoning. ill try that out next time.