Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Apple Car Play/Android

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Does anyone know or have you asked whether a 2016 MMI can be upgraded to add these functions? Seems that it could be a simple thing for Audi to do with the new system. I'd even pay a few coins to get it done.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Funny you brought this up, I asked my advisor the exact question and the answer is no. They'll do firmware updates for bugs, but not to add new features.

OP
jfglass

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Thread Starter #3
Well, that sucks! I would've hoped for a little better from Audi but I guess that's not to be. SMHO

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Well, that sucks! I would've hoped for a little better from Audi but I guess that's not to be. SMHO
Agree it would have been nice.

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I just had a MY18 A4 for a loaner during my 10k service. This vehicle had Apple CarPlay and to be honest it doesn't work too well without a touchscreen. I found using the very familiar MMI controls awkward controlling a non-audi interface. I dunno. Plus, it only works if wired to the AMI, not over Bluetooth or Wifi. So in other words: not the end of the world!

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3