Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

got beat from the line against an mitsubishi evo X

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
so this guy next to me decided to hit it to the next light and I went for it too. he walked on me. I can hear his mods, I assume at least downpipe and some bolt on's with a simple tune. he didn't pull that hard on me but he did walk away. I did notice he fell back a little after every shift as I was walking back up to him but for every shift he completes he takes two step forward and I take one step forward during his shifts. I assume after a while though I might actually catch up.

to start a fun discussion on whats possible:
I wonder what other bolt on mods I can do to get my car faster with out a tune. I highly doubt without a tune I can get much more out of the car. I know a tune is everything when it comes to getting real power. but I wanted to just see how much I can optimize my current stock tune with some hardware parts first. since he walked and not run I'm just curious about only bolt on's for now.

currently my car is a 2015 s3.
I do have some bolt on's;

lighter crank pulley.
complete neuspeed hi flo discharge conversion kit.
turbo muffler delete.
high flow turbo inlet pipe.
GFB diverter valve

I assume because of all these it may have given me a few more whp, maybe 5-10whp?? at most maybe???
that may explain why he didn't totally kill me right off the bat.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Did you use launch control?

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
no launch control. it wasnt premeditated. so when it turned green it was just a slow rolling start because i wasnt sure he was going to go for it. i only sensed he would run because u can tell by looking at a modded car. i guess it was a strange take off.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
With a manual transmission car you can rev to higher RPM before launching so off the line its going to be faster than our cars unless we use launch control. Basically launch control puts our cars in a position to make boost faster.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #5
I was hoping that our cars are in fact faster than a lightly modded cars such as the Mitsubishi or Subaru.

I am wondering if a downpipe would increase enough power?
catted or non catted? hmm. not enough experience with the audi to tell.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
You probably wont see much difference without a tune.

I was hoping that our cars are in fact faster than a lightly modded cars such as the Mitsubishi or Subaru.

I am wondering if a downpipe would increase enough power?
catted or non catted? hmm. not enough experience with the audi to tell.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #7
I agree a tune is a real way to make it go fast but
I do like the sound that the downpipe brings.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I agree a tune is a real way to make it go fast but
I do like the sound that the downpipe brings.
You can always get the downpipe first and get a tune later.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #9
yeah that's what I was aiming for. i miss that louder deeper sound but i also don't want to change out the muffler as i do like the tone it gives off, just want more of that.

Muad'dib

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 s3
yeah that's what I was aiming for. i miss that louder deeper sound but i also don't want to change out the muffler as i do like the tone it gives off, just want more of that.
I have read on other forums that the s3 sounds great with a downpipe and oem cat back. Not the case with most cars, but we seem to be lucky. Try searching other sites. I will be doing tune with downpipe and leaving the stock exhaust due to what I've heard.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #11
i too am leaving the stock muffler.

as for tune im not going that route. i am actually going to tune the dsg. i read that the dsg tune will make the car feel much better. i only want the daily drive to feel better. now, which company to go with for a stock car, no ecu tune.