Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

throttle response behavior coding tweak for less lag vcds coding

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
ill be trying this out tomorrow.

this vcds coding is not new. i just happen to find it on other forums.
the coding is to help with the lag we get when just partial throttling the car or from slow starts from a red light stop.
from factory, the car's accelerator moves the throttle body by time and we are going to be changing it to a linear threshold in comparison to the accelerator pedal.
it should feel more smooth and less like your guessing when the car will move when you lightly press the pedal.

the second part might also help which is to align the throttle body. sometimes its off because of many possible reasons. so its good to realign it if possible. now i have not tried it yet and will post up links and you decide if it is what you need or not. the coding for this is directly from rosstech and i dont know the exact procedure till i try it out.

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value

throttle body alignment:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Throttle_Body_Alignment_(TBA)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #2
i was able to change the throttle coding to the direct threshold value. it runs much better. it feels like it has less cpu control when you accelerate slowly with the pedal. i love it.
the car now feels like how cable throttle body should but drive by wire which is more quicker at least now it does.
i would recommend this to those who have driven their cars for 1 year or more so they can see the difference.

i was not able to do the throttle body alignment as i couldnt find the right coding on vcds as the video showed.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
diving into the coding process for tb alignment more, it seems like our cars might actually align its throttle body automatically every time the car starts up. this is from a post i found.

S3apr'd

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Technik
Did the mod as listed above and the change is exactly as you described it, thanks for the post!

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #5
awesome! glad it helped.

777audis3

Reactions
City
Chitown
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 S3
Just did this on my 2018. Great improvment! Also completed:
Added G-Force meter dispaly to virtul cockpit
Disabled start/stop

Car much more enjoyable to drive around town

Reactions
City
Stafford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 8V
Hi everyone, I just have a couple of questions
In the original post it says Module 44 Power Steering, is this correct or a mistake as I don't see how this would make the throttle change .
Also, which is the best for throttle response?
Thanks for any help

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #8
yes its correct.
its hidden in there. i think its connected with that module. that module could control more than just steering settings, thats why you see it there.

the answer to your second question is in the instructions in the first post.