Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

8V w/B&O install the B&O spare tire sub from a sportback into a sedan?

elmagoo

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
I've searched on multiple forums, and while I've seen people do this to the stock sound system or ASS, I've not seen it done for the B&O system on a sedan (saloon I believe for friends over the pond?).

My Golf R had a spare tire sub with the Fender Audio system, and the bass in that car was excellent. Not the type of bass to causes earthquakes, but you could feel it nicely in the chest with great punch (which is all I'm looking for). The B&O system in the S3 sedan instead comes with an open air type sub in the trunk deck lid that doesn't quite match what I'm used to. So upon doing some research, I see the eTron / sportback A3 / S3 with B&O comes with a spare tire mounted subwoofer just like the Golf R did. Hence I've been trying to find out, is it possible to get one of these and install it into the S3 Sedan and have it use the existing head unit to power it? Would there need to be any VAG coding for this, or do I just need to re-route the leads from the existing deck subwoofer to the spare tire mounted subwoofer? Or is it best to just get an aftermarket sub / power amp and stuff it in the spare tire well?

I should mention the reason I want to upgrade via the spare tire subwoofer is that I need the trunk space, hence mounting a deeper sub or box in the trunk isn't an option for me :(.

Cheers :)
Benson

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
I would go with an aftermarket amp/sub. The sub on our S3 is mounted under the front driver seat and uses an optic cable. So basically you can't really do much.