Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

MY16 Merlin Purple Perleffekt

VeeDubb

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Exclusive S3
Just some pictures of my Exclusive S3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=876]VeeDubb[/MENTION] what was the premium on that color?

OP
V

VeeDubb

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Exclusive S3
Thread Starter #3
[MENTION=876]VeeDubb[/MENTION] what was the premium on that color?
A cool $5,000 and 6 month wait

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
welcome bro! post up more

OP
V

VeeDubb

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Exclusive S3
Thread Starter #5
Update:
New wheels on the way in! Same spec just dropped down to 18?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
nice, i was going to go with 18's if i do change my wheels out. also doing the 10 inch wide is also a consideration but i am happy to see someone else is trying it out before i do. how did you figure out what offset to go with? i know how to measure out the offsets and with my measurement its super close to touching the inner and outer fender unless the tires are not wide and your not going to tuck. another thing would be that the suspension is super stiff and you wont have issues. i used to run rears at 12kg on my subie. now thats stiff but it never tucked under on any dips or driving passengers. that was custom setting.

OP
V

VeeDubb

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Exclusive S3
Thread Starter #7
nice, i was going to go with 18's if i do change my wheels out. also doing the 10 inch wide is also a consideration but i am happy to see someone else is trying it out before i do. how did you figure out what offset to go with? i know how to measure out the offsets and with my measurement its super close to touching the inner and outer fender unless the tires are not wide and your not going to tuck. another thing would be that the suspension is super stiff and you wont have issues. i used to run rears at 12kg on my subie. now thats stiff but it never tucked under on any dips or driving passengers. that was custom setting.
Well my 19?s are 10 wide... and we honestly took a shot in the air and hoped the specs we chose cleared the inner struts. There?s about 2mm inner strut clearance in the front and with the rear camber about the same. Wheels poked out and had to do pulled fenders to get them to fit.

The 18?s will have better clearance from past experience vs 19?s. I also am running a 275/35 on the 18?s and a 275/30 on my 19?s.

I have stock shocks with springs right now so not stiff lol

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i do like the BC racing forged wheels they have. they have a lot of sizes to customize with. my other option was going to some advans wheels. i have always liked advan designs. i had some RG2 wheels before. i might do some RG3 for my next set.

Last edited: