Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Bike Rack

MJS2016

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 S3
Curious if anyone?s put a bike rack on their S3. I?m sure this will be an unpopular idea but I currently have no way to transport our bikes as my S3 is my daily driver. If you have one, what?d you get?

SW_S3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
I have the Audi crossbars and they work well for a rocketbox and ski racks. I have not put on a bike carrier but plan on it this Summer. If you do get the crossbars, be sure to install the little rubber grip in the slot, makes a HUGE sound difference. I use my S3 for EVERYTHING and love this little rocket. "Use it" I say.

I also put 4 small patches of 3M plastic film, kind of like invisible bra, under the crossbar pads as they scratch the paint. I only had some minor scratches in the clear before I got around to protecting the paint but after a full winter with them on and off the top, I can see scratches in the plastic so I highly recommend it. If you want the rack on the back I am not sure anyone has a trailer hitch that will fit the S3.

Amazon search for: Scotchgard Paint Protection Film, 84904, 4 in x 84 in