Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

2015 Audi S3 vs Subaru WRX STi: The Scubi Just Doesn't Cut It

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Interesting article http://quikdocs.com/news/2015-audi-s3-vs-subaru-wrx-sti-the-scubi-just-doesnt-cut-it-2/10011961/

The Subaru WRX STi came onto the market in the performance saloon category and this has given it a boost. The 2015 Audi S3 takes on a different approach and it is more of a low key executive car.

They both have the 296bhp output and there is the sophisticated all-wheel drive transmission on the 2015 Audi S3. If you choose the S3 it means that you will have to pay an added ?4, 250, but which is the best?

For the styling the Subaru WRX STi and the Audi S3 have different approaches. The S3 has the grille featuring mirrors and platinum and the WRX comes with a big rear wing and bonnet vent. This means that the styling of the Audi is going to be the most attractive.

The S3 comes with the Audi Drive Select so owners are going to be able to fine tune things when it comes to the throttle, dampers and steering. The SI-Drive controller on the Subaru means that you are able to change the throttles response and there is also a switch for controlling the centre differentials aggressiveness.

With the Subaru WRX STi there is 70 additional litres of cargo space than what you get with the Audi S3. When the seating is in place the floor of the boot is 100cm in length and when folded it comes to 176cm. The Audi has a load height of 107cm and 7cm clearance under the lid of the boot.

The winner is the Audi S3 Saloon thanks to the fact that it looks the most expensive and the money you pay in the showroom will be offset by the running costs along with strong residual values. It is also cleaner and faster along with being more comfortable than the Subaru WRX STi.

The Subaru WRX STi does offer an engine that sounds good and the grip is great. The downside is that the engine isn't as flexible or efficient as the Audi. The cabin is a bit on the outdated side and it offers a firm ride, there is no doubt that the Subaru fans will snap them up.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
I find it quite odd why they do comparisons between the S3 and the STI. It's like whenever I pass by a WRX or an STI, nobody ever looks at it. No Subaru owner ever took a glance at my car.