Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

2017 S3 on order! - Questions coming from BMW

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Hey guys. I have an order in for a 2017 S3, Daytona Gray - tech, black optics. Should be here in about 2 to 3 more weeks. Looking forward to it. Coming out of a e92 M3... had twins, needed four door car with auto and all wheel drive incase wife even needed it and SUV was in shop. So been a BMW nut and owner for last 15 years. I am new to Audi and looking for some good sites and forums to join. It seems there doesn't seem to be as much of a community as the M3 crowd but maybe I am just not looking in the right places. Would like to hear whatever sites and boards you guys are on. Thanks!

Also from my limited poking around it seems the mod bug is going to be hard to resist with this car!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Welcome to the site, there aren't that many sites dedicated to just the S3. There are other larger Audi sites but there is very little activity in the S3 areas. Hopefully in time we can build up this forum since it's the only that dedicated.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome.

OP
H
Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Thread Starter #5

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Welcome, glad to have you here. I think you might be the first to pickup the '17.

ESSS 3

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

jason0055

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I have to sadly say this forum is poor there is not a lot of post pics or anything really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

hammbone50

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Thread Starter #10

Thanks, still no additional update from dealer so guessing S3 is still at sea and on its way to port. Not sure how long it stays on the water and can't seem to get much of an update from dealer (shouldn't they have the name of the boat the car is on???). Hoping it arrives while the weather is still decent, though I already ordered snow wheels and tires and have them ready to go!

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks, still no additional update from dealer so guessing S3 is still at sea and on its way to port. Not sure how long it stays on the water and can't seem to get much of an update from dealer (shouldn't they have the name of the boat the car is on???). Hoping it arrives while the weather is still decent, though I already ordered snow wheels and tires and have them ready to go!
Dealers can give you an update once its at port. BTW congrats.

jason0055

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Where about are you?
Am waiting on a 2017 s3 cabriolet and it's been stuck in quality control for 3 weeks

ESSS 3

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Quote Originally Posted by hammbone50

yes the general manager or your salesman should be able to supply you with the name and number of the ship it is on. they should also be able to tell you the date the car was ordered, built, when the ship is sailing to the US and it's approximate arrival to your port of entry, it's release date to the truck carrier and dealer delivery date. My dealer was able to provide me with a report whenever I went in to visit which was usually every other week,( I factory ordered mine, took 13 weeks), but it makes no difference whether you did or didn't factory order.
The info is there for you don't let them tell you otherwise.
Good Luck !!!

OP
H

hammbone50

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Thread Starter #14
Where about are you?
Am waiting on a 2017 s3 cabriolet and it's been stuck in quality control for 3 weeks

Delaware. Haven't been given boat name but told it will hit Rhode Island in 3 days on the 10th. From there maybe a week to get from RI to DE... at least that is my hope, really don't want it just sitting at port forever, but that's out of my control. When did you place the order?

jason0055

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
That's my s3 left the factory and in its way to the uk. Shouldn't be long now.

OP
H
Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Thread Starter #16
That's my s3 left the factory and in its way to the uk. Shouldn't be long now.

You get yours yet? Was told mine left port and is on a carrier. Once it gets off the carrier it will hit a truck and be at the dealership a day later. At least that is the info I was given. So at least the car has left port and now I am just waiting for an update on when it gets off the carrier. Was really hoping that I was going to pick it up this weekend, but might have a bit longer to wait with the transportation process to get it from Rhode Island to Delaware.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
You get yours yet? Was told mine left port and is on a carrier. Once it gets off the carrier it will hit a truck and be at the dealership a day later. At least that is the info I was given. So at least the car has left port and now I am just waiting for an update on when it gets off the carrier. Was really hoping that I was going to pick it up this weekend, but might have a bit longer to wait with the transportation process to get it from Rhode Island to Delaware.
Glad to hear you got some updates.

jason0055

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Glad to hear you got some updates.
No still don't have mine. It's left the factory and is now waiting to board a ship.
Must just be sitting at port waiting.

It's a huge pain in the, I believe you guys, call it a (Fannie) lol

I think it's going to be another couple of weeks. Then am away for a week on holiday so considering not picking it up till the 1st of Jan. Might help with deprecation as it will be registered as a 2017 rather than a 2016.

OP
H
Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Thread Starter #19
No still don't have mine. It's left the factory and is now waiting to board a ship.
Must just be sitting at port waiting.

It's a huge pain in the, I believe you guys, call it a (Fannie) lol

I think it's going to be another couple of weeks. Then am away for a week on holiday so considering not picking it up till the 1st of Jan. Might help with deprecation as it will be registered as a 2017 rather than a 2016.

I picked the car up last Monday, long wait but well worth it!

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3