Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

aftermarket fog light installation

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i need more lighting in the front with the crappy LED headlights.

i have a couple of aftermarket fog lights from years past that i really like. so i think its about time i use them. i just didn't think i can find a good way to mount them with the audi S3 front grill.
so lets see what i can do to make them fit.

in my current inventory, i have a set of PIAA 998 with yellow crystal lens round projectors fog lights (classic style) and a set of catz SP oval/ rounded rectangle (classic style) with crystal lens projector fog lights.

just got some proper mounting hardware that will help make it look awesome and allow some fine adjustments when the fog lights are installed.

Last edited:
OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #2
getting close to doing the installation.
got some tools and installation parts to make it look and work much better.
i believe ill be using my catz sp fog lights for this project. the piaa's are too large but i would have liked to use those more. the only way to make it work right would be to cut out a smalls section on the grill. for now ill try to do it without cutting.

onward, decided to get some nice and functional fasteners. im missing a metric drill bit as my drill guide and the threaded rivet inserts requires that size. i noticed that most supply stores don't carry metric drill bits.

IMG_20220714_0024011.jpg

IMG_20220714_0022586.jpg