Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

AMG is going to stay, but the Shelby is going to leave

Reactions
City
WESTMINSTER
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'16 GLA45, '07 GT500, RS3 soon...
Hi all. Just registered on this site and will start browsing soon. I will be buying a pre-owned '17-'18 car this year and I've been considering this purchase for a few months. RS3 has come to the top of my list after a month or so of considering alternatives.

First, here is what is in the garage currently:

1) 2016 GLA45, hard-loaded, wife's car primarily. We love this hot hatch (MB calls it an SUV), except for the infotainment and slightly harsh ride. We've had it since 2017, it has 14k miles on it, and we'll keep it another 3-4 years. I'm attaching a pic and I hope it doesn't turn out as huge on the post as it does in the preview.

2) 2007 Shelby GT... pretty highly modified stock block 4.6L with supercharger, nasty cams and exhaust, and bolt-ons. Good enough to run mid-11's at 5860' elevation and put down around 500whp. This car is my fun car and just sits in the garage most the time but I get it out on the weekends. This is the car I'll be selling to make room for my RS3.

3) 2012 Jeep Wrangler, 37's, lift, bumpers, winch, cage, etc. This has become my primary daily driver and I'm going to be relegating this one to become a "beater" and trail/mountain vehicle and to tow my boat. I just can't hack this as a daily anymore and need to step up my game and get back into something fun on a very regular basis.

I thought, nearly for sure, that I'd be getting myself into an '18 X3 m40i, because of the necessity to tow my boat occasionally and was going to sell my Jeep, but I've decided instead to sell the Shelby and keep the Jeep to open up my choices to all vehicles - not just vehicles that can tow. I'm going to leave this intro post here for now, and I'll add more later... let's see if the forum lets this noob post... and post photos to boot.

OP
G
Reactions
City
WESTMINSTER
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'16 GLA45, '07 GT500, RS3 soon...
Thread Starter #2
Alright, looks like my post was approved so I'm live here on this forum. I'm scanning the internet a couple times a week looking for an RS3 that looks good to me. I'll probably sit tight until I get that Shelby sold but it's fun to look and if I can find the right car before then I'll go ahead and buy it and sell the Shelby later. I need to figure out what option packages there were for the '17 and '18 models (and also any possible different between the '17 and '18 models) as I continue to narrow down my wish list.