Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Audi RS3 is coming to the states

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

Automotive News reports the Audi RS3 is coming to a dealer near you. Scott Keogh, Audi of America CEO, confirmed that the 365-horsepower, turbo-five-cylinder monster will be sold here in the US of A.

Don't expect to see the hatch show up, though. Like the airborne S3 pictured above, the RS3 will likely hit US dealers in sedan guise. That's a bummer, but something tells me the sub-five-second 0-60 mph time will help balm the wound.

The S3 is a proper brawler in its own right, and I can only imagine what the extra muscle would do for the machine. Keogh didn't say exactly when we'll see the RS3 in our neck of the woods, but we're a patient folk. At least, to a point.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150406/OEM04/304069983/audis-keogh:-rs-3-q8-coming-to-u.s.
NEW YORK -- Audi of America CEO Scott Keogh said the high-performance RS 3 compact car and Q8 SUV will be sold in the U.S., but the Q1 small crossover may be a bridge too far.

Keogh signaled that an RS 3 sedan would be the best fit for the U.S., rather than the hatchback version. In Europe, the RS 3 hatchback gets 367 hp from a five-cylinder engine for a 0 to 60 mph time of less than 5 seconds.

Until now, Audi has limited its plans for its compact A3 lineup to a sedan, a sporty S3 and e-tron plug-in hybrid five-door.

"We really, really want the RS 3," Keogh said. The sedan is "going to be a great positioning car, a great halo car. I'm very confident we'll see that car in the market. That's as far as I'm going to go."

Keogh also confirmed the new Q8 would land stateside. He declined to discuss timing, but the SUV should arrive in the U.S. in 2017 after it goes on sale in Europe. The Q8 will be derived from the redesigned Q7, similar to Audi's adding the A7 as a sportier, more premium and more expensive offshoot of the A6 sedan.

"The Q8 looks to be a home run product for the U.S., if you look at its size and where it's going to be positioned," Keogh said. "That is absolutely a car that we will see in the United States."

Audi AG CEO Rupert Stadler confirmed last month that Audi would produce the Q1 crossover to slot beneath the Q3, but a very small Audi crossover might not have the combination of price and value for American consumers, Keogh said.