Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Left brake light warning

Roddis8PA

Reactions
Hi guys,

This is my first post on here so if it is in the wrong place or anything like that please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

So I have an audi s3 8PA and I have a warning on my dashboard constantly telling me my left brake light is out. I think when I first got the car it’s used to come on intermittently and I did actually have a fault bulb. I have since had it replaced and now all the bulbs work fine (just double checked before writing this so I don’t make a fool of myself).

Anyone come across this before? Someone said it could Be that there not pulling enough power for the sensor to acknowledge that it isn’t working. Pretty sure since i had it replaced an LED didn’t get put in it so it cant be that I wouldn’t believe, does anyone else have experience in this issue or any suggestion to try. I don’t really want to turn the sensor off as then it won’t tel me when it really is not working so that would be the last resort.

Willing to try any sensible methods to sort this may need some guidance along the way so preferably method that you have actually done yourself before would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or information anyone provides me on this thread.

7A8C8905-D86D-40F6-A697-CB209933C7BE.jpeg

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Have you checked the light sockets to see if there are any corrosion?

OP
Roddis8PA

Roddis8PA

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Hi,

No I havnt mate. If I did have this problem what would I do to solve it?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States