Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

oil pan replacement, WORTEC. larger capacity, uses oem gasket, aluminum construction

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
hey guys,

i just installed a new oil pan.

brand: wortec
price: currently on sale; $399.99
shipping: free
tax: included in the purchase price.
store: usp motorsports

so many reasons you should go with this unit. but obviously, its really personal preference. if you are interested in this one its not a bad unit. looks great and fits really nicely. it does have 2 extra ports. its plugged with two different size bolts. i do recommend using plumber's tape or something like that on these extra bolts, as oil can leak out.

the oil drain plug is included and its magnetized. comes with oil pan gasket, OEM. has a sensor block off plate if your car doesn't need to have a sensor in there. they did include three new nuts. i just reused mine as these are not anything special nor does it have high tq uses. so they can be reused. just tq them down right and you'll be fine.

for about an extra $20 bucks I bought OEM oil pan bolts. since they are stretched bolts it was an easy purchase. i got these from my local audi store. peace of mind for new ones.

negative, it does not come with instructions. you'll need to find those somewhere online.

reasons I bought it.
- sale
- looks
- fitment
- uses OEM gasket [easy to get at any audi/vw store in the future]
- doesn't use gasket glue. with experience with gasket glue in the past, its horrible to clean up. near impossible to clean sometimes. the glue we have to use needs to be scraped off and that can also damage surface mating points.
- increases oil capacity. from about 6 liters to about 7 liters of oil.
- other brands use welds to create their product but this one does not. it looks like it should be there after its installed.

why did I do it now.
i was getting an oil leak. it was slow at first but after a few months it was leaving puddles on the garage floor. and creating a mess.
i didn't want to just replace the oil pan but to upgrade it. i mean since I had to replace the gasket on the OEM why not make it more robust as the people has stated the plastic one can be damaged very easily. so this made sense to me to do it.

if you have questions or have other you recommend feel free to share your experience with other brand or this one.

Last edited:
OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3