Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

VW Golf R Turbo

Omari1996

Reactions
City
Fort Wayne
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
18GolfR 19Stinger
Hey guys I currently have a mk7.5 Golf R and am on a APR Stage 2.5. from my understanding the IS38 turbo (stock turbo) can only handle up to 28PSI before issues can start to occur. I have an APR boost tap and the gauge is saying that i run 28 PSI on full throttle. I am wanting to get the piggy back JB4 which i have for my Kia Stinger to mess around with the E mixture fuels. Now i know with the higher maps you go you start increasing the Boost/PSI so by doing so will I end up messing up my stock turbo? Will i need a big turbo? or a aftermarket tweaked with IS38? Any thoughts or solutions? is anyone currently running a flashed ecu and a piggyback?

Reactions
City
Warszawa
State
Non-US
Country
Poland
What I Drive
2008 Audi S3
Hey Omari,

From what I know, the stock turbo has its limitations, but I've seen sime hybrids go up to almost 32 PSI of boost.

I think it all depends on what you are willing to get from your car. A nicely done tune can get you some nice power figures with almost 30 PSI on the stock turbo.

One tuner from Poland did a pretty liberal map with 2.5 Bar/36PSI of boost with (from what I know) a stock turbo and he manaaged to get 350HP with a quick spool. The car only got an upgraded intercooler. It was a Golf R mk7.

But if you would like to upgrade the turbo, I've heard of some hybrids that blow over 32 PSI.