Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Tuning advice

Pocketsand

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
VW golf r
Tuning advice

Hello everyone, I purchased a heavily modified MK 7.5 over the summer and I’ve been in the process of trying to figure out the best setup for me. Pretty much daily driving but with enough power to punch it whenever I feel.

Mods I’m aware of:

Aftermarket downpipe(unsure of manufacturer)

CTS cold air intake

CTS catback exhaust

Front mount intercooler(cheapo from eBay)

Aftermarket engine and transmission mounts(034 I believe)

From what I’ve gathered, this car was definitely at stage 2 given all the mods added

The previous tune was wiped at my local VW dealer so I never figured out where it was from. I ended up purchasing a new ECU tune through BSR tuning but went stage 1 as I was told it doesn’t matter.

But of course now I’m having second thoughts as I learn more about the power potential if I upgrade to stage 2.

I guess for now I’m curious if there is any harm in running stage 2 mods on a stage 1 tune?

With the CEL being on I assume going stage 2 would make the most sense but I don’t want to spend the $$$ for that upgrade just yet. Especially since I just purchased a stage 1 tune

Curious the best alternative until I decide to make the jump

Thanks in advance 🫶

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
your question requires a more in-depth understanding. there is a lot more to all this modifying than stages and parts.

but for the easy answer, no

OP
P

Pocketsand

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
VW golf r
Thread Starter #3
your question requires a more in-depth understanding. there is a lot more to all this modifying than stages and parts.

but for the easy answer, no
Well I am intrigued to learn, what exactly do you mean?

I'm somewhat new to the aftermarket/tuning world

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
my first advice since you're interested in learning is to watch a few you tub videos on each part you have. get the gist of the functionality first.
There are so many videos explaining it in depth with real examples.

i would say that each parts does something but you'll learn how much over the course of learning it.