Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

2003 Audi S3 8L - Creaking/knocking from rear when turning wheels

Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
AUDI
Car: 2003 Audi S3 8L

Problem: When turning left or right there appears to be creaking/clicking/scraping noise which I think is from the rear. It also causes a major vibration throughout the car at the same time. It gets worse as you turn the wheel towards full lock. We get the problem when driving forwards and backwards and you can see this problem by turning circles on the clutch slowly at just 3mph.

2 general mechanic cannot find any issues with it and don't know what it is. They have said the suspension is ok and it doesnt look to me like the wheels are rubbing on the arches either.

I have filmed the noise on some videos and uploaded them to dropbox which you can view here and listen to the noise. You will need to turn your volume right up.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0h5uxpo4m2n6jit/AABTJUd5Ivww6645UUMofOXea?dl=0

Has anyone got any ideas or seen/heard this before please? The car will drive but it really does not feel safe at all to be driving it with this problem.

OP
D
Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
AUDI
Thread Starter #2
Fixed it myself after using other forums that are more helpful!