Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Anyone having any A/C cooling issues with their S3?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I've noticed lately that with +100 degree weather my Audi S3 is having issues keeping the cabin cool. Even with the A/C cranked all the way up I still feel its not cold enough. Anyone else facing similar problems?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I've noticed lately that with +100 degree weather my Audi S3 is having issues keeping the cabin cool. Even with the A/C cranked all the way up I still feel its not cold enough. Anyone else facing similar problems?
I had similar issues with my old GTI. Looks like you've got a Brilliant Black S3 with what I'm guessing are black seats?? I love the black/black combo, especially after a nice cleaning. I tinted the windows, thinking it would help (which it did to some extent), but I always had a hot-a** car. I don't think HVAC is a strong point for VWs and Audis, especially when they're fighting against the black on black color scheme. We have an old Ford SUV with much more interior space, but that thing just pumps ice-cold air like nobodys business.

This is part of the reason I sought out a deal on a monsoon gray with the silver seat inserts, in the hopes that it would be a little cooler. I'm getting the windows tinted on Saturday, as well as the sunroof. I'll let you know how it turns out.

OP
BrilliantS3
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I have Black seats and tinted windows. I had to pickup a seat cover because I was burning my ass haha.

Looking forward to seeing your tinted pictures.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Yeah I have Black seats and tinted windows. I had to pickup a seat cover because I was burning my ass haha.

Looking forward to seeing your tinted pictures.
Here's another suggestion. If you don't already have one, pick up one of those windshield screens, preferable one with the shiniest, most reflective material possible. You could also tint your windshield if you really want to try everything...

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Funny you made this post, my wife was complaining the other day about the "lack of" air condition in our car. I noticed when you set it to auto it works a little bit better than manually adjusting the fan speed. Selecting Recirculation does help too, but its annoying that the car doesn't remember that button and you have to press it every single time. We had a C-class before and the ac on that blows this car away.

OP
BrilliantS3
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys.