Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Audi S3 Mapping

iompotty

Reactions
City
Wrexham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3
I have an Audi S3 Stage 2 MRC tuned vehicle.....I recently took my vehicle to a local Garage in my area to change a Lambda sensor, the garage also does engine remapping.
I was away for the weekend so I left my vehicle with the garage to change the sensor and the vehicle was left outside my home address after work was completed.

On my return it was clear when I drove the vehicle it wasn't running like it was when I dropped it off.... Gurgling from the exhaust, noisy turbo and horrendous fuel consumption, infact the vehicle was probably doing 30/32 miles per gallon before it's visit and between 15/19 when the car was returned.

I called in to the garage to bring the points up with them but the Garage owner was not at the premises.
I did speak with another mechanic that was at the Garage, who told me the owner liked my car and that he had put my car on the Dyno.
After speaking with some other mechanics, they advised that my car didn't need to go on the Dyno as the lambda sensor is a plug and play part.

After a few weeks I decided to contact MRC Tuning, Banbury and they were concerned and asked me if I could take the car back to them to inspect.
When they connected my car to the ECU they informed me that my car was no longer MRC tuned and both engine and gear box mapping had been flashed and although there was a map installed on the vehicle, the mapping wasn't MRC.
They then reinstalled the original software and all problems were gone.... The gurgling from the exhaust was infact the car was over fueling, hence bad consumption.. Also the wurring noise that I could hear was the turbo over running on de-acceleration.

Summing all this up! It's pretty obvious what has happened here but the Garage isn't acceptable liability.

What next? Can anyone point me in the direction of a qualified solicitor that will help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
wow, im not completely understanding what your implying what your looking for in the end. please explain more.

i don't want to make any assumptions before fully understanding.
in addition, was there any damage to the car?
have you done a thorough test to see if there are any issues?
have you done an ecu scan with vcds or some other system?
do you have full documentation of the work and how your car was before and after the "garage" was handling it?
before the reinstallation did you verify when the remapping at the garage happened? for proof.

*what i never understand is that consumers never point out the name of the offending shop or person is? people should name these places and people so that others can be aware of the problem.