Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Audi S3 new maintenance interval for the DSG/S Tronic at 40,000 miles

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Just got this in the mail a few weeks ago.

Audi S3 - Additional Warranty and Maintenance Information for 2015 and 2016.

They've just added a new maintenance interval for the DSG/S Tronic at 40,000 miles.

esemett

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
S3
Isn't a Transmission fluid and filter change already scheduled during the 35k service interval? Can't decide if I will take it in or do it myself when I hit 35k.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I wonder if the supplement reminds you its every 40k miles after the first 35k? Looks like they do replace the transmission fluid at 35k.

• Battery - Check for clean terminals (no corrosion), properly mounted housing and no damage; replace if necessary. Also, check the acid level of battery only if the level can be seen through the housing and fill if necessary (except Audi Q5 hybrid)
  • Small (12 volt) side battery located in the trunk compartment on left side - check for clean terminals (no corrosion), properly mounted housing and no damage; replace if necessary (Audi Q5 hybrid only)
  • Cooling system - Check coolant level and add coolant if necessary
  • Engine compartment - Check for leaks
  • Exhaust system - Check for damage and leaks
  • Underbody - Check for damage and leaks
  • Visual check - Check the chassis for possible paint damage and corrosion, from the inside and outside with the doors as well as hood and trunk lids open
  • Automatic transmission and final drive - Check for leaks
  • Manual transmission and final drive - Check for leaks
  • Drive shafts - Check boots
  • Front and rear axle - Check for excessive play. Check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends
  • Horn - Check function
  • Dust and pollen filter - Replace filter
  • Snow screen for air cleaner - Clean (Audi A4, S4, allroad, A5, A5 Cabriolet, S5, S5 Cabriolet, Audi Q5, SQ5, Q5 hybrid only)
  • Ribbed V-belt and tensioner - Check condition and replace if necessary (Audi R8 Coupe, R8 Spyder only)
  • Plenum Panel - Remove cover for plenum panel to check water drain and clean if necessary
  • Front lighting - Check function of parking lights, low beams, high beams, fog lights, blinkers & hazard lights
  • Rear lighting - Check function of brake lights (including third brake light), tail lights, back-up lights, rear fog lights, license plate lights, blinkers & hazard lights
  • Door hinges and straps - Lubricate (Audi Q7, TT, TTS, R8 Coupe, R8 Spyder only)
  • Hood lid hinges - Lubricate (R8 Coupe, R8 Spyder, TT, TTS).
  • All sunroof systems- Clean guide rails and lubricate with grease.
  • Front latch for Cabriolet roof-lubricate (Audi A3 Cabriolet, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet)
  • Tire repair set - Check renewal date (where applicable)
  • Road test - Check engine performance, clutch, manual/auto transmission, braking (including hand and foot brake), steering, wheels, wheel bearings, drive shaft, horn, hybrid vehicles (electric drive for operational readiness

Additional Maintenance Items

Perform at 15,000 miles and thereafter every 20,000 miles.
  • Fuel filter - Replace (A3 2.0l TDI, Audi Q5 3.0l TDI, A6, 3.0l TDI, A7 3.0l TDI, Audi Q7 3.0L TDI, A8 3.0L TDI only)
  • DSG/S tronic - Change MTF oil for gearbox (RS 5 only)
  • Air cleaner - Clean the housing and replace filter element (RS 5 only)

Perform first at 35,000 miles and thereafter every 40,000 miles.
  • Continuously variable transmission (multitronic™) - Change ATF
  • Tiptronic gear box - Change ATF (Audi Q5 hybrid only)
  • ‰DSG/S tronic - Change ATF oil and replace transmission filter element for clutch hydraulics (A3, TT, TTS, S4, S5, S5 Cabriolet, RS 5, S6, S7, R8 Coupe, R8 Spyder only)
  • Rear sport differential - Change ATF for clutch hydraulics and differential oil (RS 5 and RS 7 only)
  • Air cleaner- Clean housing and replace filter element only on the following vehicles: (S6, S7, RS7, A8 3.0L V6 TDI, A8 3.0L V6 TFSI , A8 4.0L V8 TFSI, TTS)

‰
Perform first at 35,000 miles or 4 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 40,000 miles or 4 years, whichever occurs first
  • Power steering fluid - Check fluid level (Audi Q7 only)
  • Brake discs - Check thickness
  • Interior lights - Check all interior lights, glove box compartment illumination, control lights, and MMI (if applicable)
  • Doors - Lubricate door hinges, straps, locks, and hood latch

Perform first at 35,000 miles or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 40,000 miles or 6 years, whichever occurs first.
  • Spark plugs - Replace only on the following vehicles: [all vehicles with the 4.0l V8 TFSI, A8 with the W12 and all vehicles, (except Audi Q3) with the 2.0l TFSI (except 2.0L Flex Fuel engines)]

Perform first at 35,000 miles or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 30,000 miles or 6 years, whichever occurs first.
  • Spark plugs - Replace (2.0L TFSI Flex Fuel engines only)

OP
AlltrackMike

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Isn't a Transmission fluid and filter change already scheduled during the 35k service interval? Can't decide if I will take it in or do it myself when I hit 35k.
You're right I hadn't noticed 35k also includes fluid changes. I'll double check the next time I'm at the dealer.

esemett

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
S3
You're right I hadn't noticed 35k also includes fluid changes. I'll double check the next time I'm at the dealer.
After having trouble with the dual clutch transmission in my old Evo, I've learned to be very cautious with the dual clutch. I recommend that everyone follows this guideline strictly.

ESSS 3

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
from reading that letter I believe they telling you that the first DSG maintenance is NOW due at 40,000 thousand miles INSTEAD of the 35,000 thousand miles printed in the original owners manual !!!

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
from reading that letter I believe they telling you that the first DSG maintenance is NOW due at 40,000 thousand miles INSTEAD of the 35,000 thousand miles printed in the original owners manual !!!
I agree with this.

Reactions
City
KC
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Just got this in the mail a few weeks ago.

Audi S3 - Additional Warranty and Maintenance Information for 2015 and 2016.

They've just added a new maintenance interval for the DSG/S Tronic at 40,000 miles.

Is there any way to get pictures of what you received?