Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

dsg, haldex, and differential / axle oil service

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
im about to be done with my Q3 2016 service. i will be doing my S3 2015 soon. both of them have pretty much the same service parts, with only a couple of differences but mostly the same. so if you wonder why the Q3 info, its just for the sake of documenting it.

ill document the parts when im done with each section/car.

i just did the rear diff and the rear haldex on the Q3. tackling the front diff and transmission tomorrow. so far its pretty easy. locating the drain plug and refill would be the only real difficulties in doing this. make sure you dont put the wrong fluids in the wrong hole. as i have read that it will damage what ever system you missed up on. many are using other brands of oil, i stuck with oem. it just makes things easier is the reason.

*fyi, i tried to get the dealership to help with getting me the proper part and item. they were mostly clueless on the differential parts. they said they dont do that and they dont even have a service manual they use either. so they didnt have much info to help me with. i got most of the help via online and youtube videos.

SW_S3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
I have used Blauparts for Ravenol fluids and kits. Excellent tech info provided and I had no trouble with the Haldex and transmission. For those getting ready to do this DIY don't forget you need VCDS setup! Also the filler hole is very small on the Haldex so I use a medical syringe with a tube small enough to get into the filler hole.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
finished it and i would say its a way more involved than other cars i have done this on. such as honda and subaru.
i did use the blauparts video to help get more info. it helped.

since i did all the fluids it did take a while to clean out the tools before using on the next parts as the oils are all different. it wasnt so much as time consuming as it was difficult to do. i did it for both my cars, Q3 2016 and S3 2015. almost the same products and methods.
i did use vcds it to prime the pumps and check temps.
having a little more or less in the trans pan is not a huge deal. it doesnt need to be 100 percent precise in case your worried.

what was changed:
front and rear axle oil,
front trans oil,
rear haldex oil,
rear diff oil.