Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

getting new tires friday.

Reactions
Yeah honestly I didn't notice any loss of traction with the 225 18" they performed well for me. Maybe I'll try something similar on my next 19" and go with the 235/40 since a smoother ride is what I'm after with the same appearance. If I'm reading the measurements correctly the second number is a percentage of the width. So the 235/40/19"'s will give me 4mm over my 18's
so the side walls would be:
94mm 235/40/19"
82mm 235/35/19"
90mm 225/40/18"

Wonder if it would look stupid 12mm more sidewall on the 19's or even fit?

Last edited:
Reactions
Man they are pretty I did miss them. We'll see how I feel after the ride to work tomorrow :). Sorry If I'm posting to much in your thread but tires are fun.
Going in Tuesday to get all 3 of my cars re-tinted I miss the side tint as well. I'm surprised I haven't received a ticket for the headlight and taillight tint yet.

20190811_183937.jpg

OP

Staff member
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
no problem. post away here.

im still curious on how your able to adjust for the off readings on the speedo with different tire sizes?

Reactions
no problem. post away here.

im still curious on how your able to adjust for the off readings on the speedo with different tire sizes?
I haven't researched that yet. I know back in the day I would put a different gear in the transmission to spedo but I'm sure that's not the case these days.
I'd be willing to mess up the mph and millage reading for bigger tires since it would actually reduce the miles I'm putting on the car :)

OP

Staff member
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
i see, there is a way to set the wheel diam rotation in vcds but we need the security code and a procedure to do it. if you can get that then we can set our speedo correctly.

Reactions
how is the fitment with the 225/40's that should be what a 90mm side wall? any clearance issues? Have a picture of them on the car?

OP

Staff member
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
im on stock suspension. no issues with that fitment. i still have not had time to take any pics yet.
it does look like the gap in the fenders are less now than before.