Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Goofy Ebrake setting

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I just noticed something over the weekend that I thought was particularly odd. I was backing in to a tight area and wanted to make extra sure that I was good. So I opened the door while backing up and the ebrake popped on by itself. I think this is a really strange default behavior. I'll have to test some doors I don't want an ebrake jamming on if my passenger has her skirt stuck and decides to open the door. Or if I really need to drive with the door open. I don't see any coding in my OBDeleven app so I guess I'll have to do some long coding to disable if it's not in the infotainment center.

Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Nardo RS3
I can remember hating to wear a seat belt to shut the warning beeps off ... I adjusted and now wouldn’t think twice about driving w/o them.

I’m 54 and my parents drove a 1974 Oldsmobile station wagon that had a 3rd row rear facing seat that didn’t have seat belts. We rode back there all the time. That’s insane by today’s safety standards.

If you want to read a little about Audi’s history in the US with brakes and safety features that almost destroyed them, read this. They were wrongly screwed over by the American public and CBS News.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...000-intended-unintended-acceleration-debacle/

IMO - safety features shouldn’t be customized in vcds. Somebody could disable something, hurt someone, and then use the US court system to sue Audi for letting them override it.

OP
ViperG

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Thread Starter #3
Yeah it's probably not something that you can disable. I was the same way until I think my 1987 Chrysler Conquest. That car had those automatic seatbelts. Ever since that car I started wearing them.
Still an odd feature I think for the ebrake to come on when the door opens. The radar in the front of the car also freaks me out when that alarm comes on.
I debate on disabling that as well because what if I want to run over someone? I work in a not so nice city so I may need to one day.
Thanks for the read.