Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
After going back and forth between the Golf R, the M235i, 228i and a used S4, I recently picked up a '15 S3. I'm coming from a 6MT '12 GTI, so the transition to the Stronic has been a little tricky to say the least. That lag/delay from a stop is pretty frustrating and will take some getting used to, but I'm starting to learn how to drive this thing. If any of you have any tips for me, I would love to hear from you.

What I can say, though, is I love almost everything else about the car. Looks great, love the "retro/minimalist" interior, feels solid, great handling, and of course that engine.

First order of business is 35% tint all around, possibly including the sunroof to reflect some heat (has anyone done the sunroof yet?), then, some Weathertech mats and a set of Whispbars with a cargo box. I'm sort of an audio geek too, so may look into swapping out some of the speakers/subwoofer for a little better sound quality (although the B&O sounds OK for now).

Performance wise, would love to do a Stage 1 at some point and the TCU upgrade, but then again, maybe it's OK as-is.

Well, better get back to work. Can't wait until I can get back in the S3!!!

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats and welcome board. I have 35% on the front and 20% on the rear windows. I can post some pictures if you like to get some ideas. Tinting the moonroof would be a great idea. I personally think its a little too bright with the shade pulled back.

After going back and forth between the Golf R, the M235i, 228i and a used S4, I recently picked up a '15 S3. I'm coming from a 6MT '12 GTI, so the transition to the Stronic has been a little tricky to say the least. That lag/delay from a stop is pretty frustrating and will take some getting used to, but I'm starting to learn how to drive this thing. If any of you have any tips for me, I would love to hear from you.

What I can say, though, is I love almost everything else about the car. Looks great, love the "retro/minimalist" interior, feels solid, great handling, and of course that engine.

First order of business is 35% tint all around, possibly including the sunroof to reflect some heat (has anyone done the sunroof yet?), then, some Weathertech mats and a set of Whispbars with a cargo box. I'm sort of an audio geek too, so may look into swapping out some of the speakers/subwoofer for a little better sound quality (although the B&O sounds OK for now).

Performance wise, would love to do a Stage 1 at some point and the TCU upgrade, but then again, maybe it's OK as-is.

Well, better get back to work. Can't wait until I can get back in the S3!!!

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #3
Hey, thanks for having me! and thanks for the offer to post some pics. I've used Llumar in the past, so I've got a pretty good idea of what it will look like. I'm looking into the Llumar AIR series 80 for the moonroof, to darken it a tad, but mostly to block out some heat. I'll get back to you if/when I do this to let you know how it looks.

Congrats and welcome board. I have 35% on the front and 20% on the rear windows. I can post some pictures if you like to get some ideas. Tinting the moonroof would be a great idea. I personally think its a little too bright with the shade pulled back.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Welcome and congratulations. I would like to see pictures if you get your moonroof tinted.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome [MENTION=56]CarlsbadS3[/MENTION]

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Excited to be here, and eager to talk to other S3 owners about our cars. Out of curiosity, how many of us are there? I've only seen 2 S3s on the road since they've been in production. That seems pretty crazy because I'm always looking around at what others are driving and I live in San Diego, and I'm often in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area for work. What gives. Are we really that rare?? I suppose I could have mistaken a few for S4s perhaps, but wow, I barely see any S3s out there. Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather have it this way vs all the A4s and 3-series you see every time you turn your head. I'd be willing to bet they've only sold a few thousand S3s so far...

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thanks everyone. Excited to be here, and eager to talk to other S3 owners about our cars. Out of curiosity, how many of us are there? I've only seen 2 S3s on the road since they've been in production. That seems pretty crazy because I'm always looking around at what others are driving and I live in San Diego, and I'm often in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area for work. What gives. Are we really that rare?? I suppose I could have mistaken a few for S4s perhaps, but wow, I barely see any S3s out there. Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather have it this way vs all the A4s and 3-series you see every time you turn your head. I'd be willing to bet they've only sold a few thousand S3s so far...
I've owned my S3 since March and I've only seen one other on the road. I've seen quite a few A3's though.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
There's over 50 members on the site since we've opened at the beginning of this year, about 15-20 do posts. Like yourself I rarely see any other S3's out there nor have I've seen any commercials about the S3. In fact I've only stumbled upon the S3 from my salesman while test driving a Q5 with my wife. Hopefully we'll see more and more owners on here once people start to find out how great the S3 really is.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats! I was also shopping for a Golf R until I found out about the S3. Did a little bit of research on this site and a few others and knew it was the one for me. What color did you get?

Jslatimer

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Welcome. We love our new S3, we are also getting used to it and I am trying to behave and not do any tweaking :)... We are also getting our windows tinted next week, can't wait. So far we haven't seen any driving around but I know they have sold a few including a 16 white with Black Optics..

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #11
I got Monsoon Gray, with the white seat inserts. Almost pulled the trigger on a used Daytona Launch Edition but no Bang and Olufsen. I was this close to waiting for the Golf R manual '16, but once I drove the S3, I fell in love! I do wish it came in manual though :(

Congrats! I was also shopping for a Golf R until I found out about the S3. Did a little bit of research on this site and a few others and knew it was the one for me. What color did you get?

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Thread Starter #12
Ha! I know it's only a matter of time until I start getting the upgrade bug. The Neuspeed power module has piqued my interest. An extra 40-50 HP would sure be nice.

Also, is it just me or are we getting much less than the EPA 26 mpg combined. Need to lay off the throttle a bit ;)

Welcome. We love our new S3, we are also getting used to it and I am trying to behave and not do any tweaking :)... We are also getting our windows tinted next week, can't wait. So far we haven't seen any driving around but I know they have sold a few including a 16 white with Black Optics..

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Ha! I know it's only a matter of time until I start getting the upgrade bug. The Neuspeed power module has piqued my interest. An extra 40-50 HP would sure be nice.

Also, is it just me or are we getting much less than the EPA 26 mpg combined. Need to lay off the throttle a bit ;)
Same here, 40hp will sure make the S3 even more fun.