Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Modification Advice

Zue

Reactions
City
Battle
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Hi, so I have a 2015 S3 8V and am looking to do various performance and cosmetic upgrades, one of which is a black honeycomb front grill without the Quattro logo at the bottom but with black rings built in.
Any advice on what to get with a link would be much appreciated!

p.s. alternative suggestions are welcome

Reactions
City
Broxbourne
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3 Sportback
Some suggestions for light mods...
  • If you are keeping the stock wheel then consider Hub-centric Wheel Spacers so that the wheels fill the arches a little better. You would be surprised how much this slight change alters the appearance of the car to be more aggressive. I went with 12mm TPI spacers all round but a popular choice is 15mm back and 12mm wide. This obviously depends on the wheels you have.
  • Remove the snow grate from the stock air intake (presuming you don't live in a location with a lot of snow)
  • Replace air intake pipe to a larger silicone one (Turbo Technics, CTS, etc)
  • Change the stock plastic turbo inlet to a larger forged version. There is a nice comparison write up on the different elbows and intake pipes here. Changing the air intake (for me anyway) did slightly improve the throttle response and you get a nice intake noise when you really push the car (nothing noticeable when you drive normally)