Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

My R eats tires

AK22

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Golf R
Have a 2018 Golf R. In first 2 years I have gone through 4 tires. This is just doing everyday driving, hit a pot hole and bam another bubble on side wall. I have kept the pressure at dealer recommendations. I have always had sports cars and never had this issue with any of them. Any suggestions?

Rich_Fan

Reactions
Do you have 19" wheels? Because those will be more susceptible to pothole damage than 18" wheels with higher side walls.
Also have all your tire changes been due to pothole damage?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

OP
A

AK22

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Golf R
Thread Starter #3
Yes. I have 19 inch Wheels. I will hit a pot hole and pressure push out to side wall and I get a huge bubble in sidewall.

Rich_Fan

Reactions
Yes. I have 19 inch Wheels. I will hit a pot hole and pressure push out to side wall and I get a huge bubble in sidewall.
Yeah, that's quite normal. You can either learn to avoid pot holes or go to 18" wheels and tires, as the bigger side walls help absorb the impacts.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk