Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

new headlight for s3 a3 8v pre-fl upgrade

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
hey guys im about to pull the trigger on a brand new headlight for my s3 2015

for those who have led headlights like myself, and they suck there is an aftermarket version.

i have no affiliation with them nor have i tried them yet but it seems like a good upgrade if it works. they are not super cheap so it would be good if you guys feel its worth it like myself.

for what i understand the output is much greater than my stock led lights.
its all plug-and-play.
some coding is needed. I'm not sure what coding is required but they say that we will get a cel on our dash.
and the set is complete with nothing else needed.
they have two plug versions. if your stock plug is for either halogen or xenon. they have told me that led plugs are the same as the xenon. ill have to test this out to be sure but for now lets assume they are correct about the plug fitments.
its a led setup and you cant not replace the inner bulbs as they are permanent like the oem stockers.

so I'm sharing this find with you all and i may even do a youtube video on the installation with a review when i pull the trigger on it from china.
here is the link. ask them anything and you'll get a response pretty quickly. I'm still learning about this setup so any questions you have would be best served to ask them directly and share with us here.

its from aliexpress. if your worried about that site do a quick search and you'll find they are safe.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001183898130.html
price is less than $800 for a set including shipping.
I'm really hoping this set works well. my current led is so bad most people ask me if my lights are even on most of the time. plus I'm having issues seeing the road so it becomes a safety factor for me. you may or may not feel you need to upgrade yours but at least there are options.

update,
price went down but these are different versions.
these are a couple of different version from different sellers.
again they seem to require modifications to have the wiring work right. i dont know for sure what is entailed on that.
what i noticed is that they seem to be concerned with the plugs. which stock headlights do you have, halogen or xenon. the plugs seem to change. but on my car its led. and i dont know if this will work for mine at all.

$720.00 free shipping.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800997583378.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

$644.87 free shipping
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805980589551.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.31.39f43685J2FwhF&algo_pvid=33b4d49b-9007-43d6-86dd-1e4cb167a5a6&algo_exp_id=33b4d49b-9007-43d6-86dd-1e4cb167a5a6-15&pdp_npi=4@dis!USD!837.50!644.87!!!837.50!!@2101e9d417025383469672781e8acc!12000036076994406!sea!US!0!AB&curPageLogUid=1mW5BOFannjN

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Laval
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 S3
Hey man, any updates? I might get one pair

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
nope. sorry. never pulled the trigger. ill need to eventually. the seller i posted no longer is selling them. again these are not specific to the s3 so it would be a customer modification from what i learned.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #4
what it looks like to me is that there are no direct replacement for the LED version of our headlight plug/harness. but the selection for the aftermarket replacement style can be ordered with a xenon or halogen plug. so i found a conversion harness that might work, not sure, but it supposed to be a LED adapter to a halogen plug. its supposed to be a plug and play adapter.
if anyone knows more please add to this post.

the company is kufatec.
under the A3 8v model you'll find the adapter. its not super expensive. i assume that we would buy the headlight with he halogen style plug and then get this to convert our led plug to a halogen plug.

LED adapter to halogen headlights for Audi A3 8V
about 80.00 euros. plus shipping costs.