Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

New to the S3 community but have I picked wrong?

Pavlos

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am new to the forum and new to Audi!
I have recently ordered myself a new Audi S3 and feel as if i haven?t chosen my spec rightly. I didn?t want it to amount to too much but now as my car is being built and I can?t edit the spec i am starting to doubt my decision!

I have gone for a sportback in brilliant black and my only extra was aluminium roof rails. My first regret is the colour I thought black is just black but after reading further into it it?s not that simple, can anyone who has experienced brilliant black insight me on how they found it? I am considering a few mods to the exterior and also just wondering if anyone had a brilliant black S3 with black accents they could show me?

My second regret was not getting the Super sports seats! If you?ve got them are they worth the money and if you chose not to how come?

Lastly have I missed out on the virtual cockpit/any other interior options!? Thank you in advance for any help given! Cheers Will

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats [MENTION=886]Pavlos[/MENTION]

With regards to the sport seats, I was on the same boat when I purchased my S3. I originally had ordered mine with the sport seats since it felt very comfortable on the display model, however after finding out that they only came manually operated I changed my order to the regular seats. Recently while I was at the dealer for servicing, I took a newer model S3 out for a test drive and wished that I had originally purchased the sport seats lol.

OP
P

Pavlos

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Thread Starter #3
[MENTION=2]S3Fan[/MENTION] I asked the dealer if I could change and I was either going to add super sport seats to the current spec or change the colour to nano or navara blue but I can?t do either ???? To be honest I did hear the SS seats didn?t offer anything other than the sportier styling, how did you find them compared to the standard after a drive?

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
[MENTION=2]S3Fan[/MENTION] I asked the dealer if I could change and I was either going to add super sport seats to the current spec or change the colour to nano or navara blue but I can?t do either ???? To be honest I did hear the SS seats didn?t offer anything other than the sportier styling, how did you find them compared to the standard after a drive?
The larger seats are definitely better and gives you much more support than the standard seats.

OP
P

Pavlos

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Thread Starter #5
[MENTION=2]S3Fan[/MENTION] ah I see, I?m converting from Mercedes currently drive the Aclass and the seats in that are very similar to the SS seats but by picture I couldn?t notice a difference in shape between sport and super sport until I realised the SS have a built in head rest. I?m sure it won?t be an issue when I finally get to drive the car!

Diztek

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
you can cancel your order. just get your deposit back and reorder. you will have wait agian though.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3