Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Rebuilt Mechatronic, still having a gearbox issue

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
2015 S3: I was having a "geabox malfunction, no reverse gear" error occurring when my car would go from 2nd into 3rd. I would not be able to get into the higher gears whatsoever...auto or paddle. I pull the mechatronic and sent it out to ECUtesting in the UK. They diagnosed some issues with the mech unit and rebuilt the unit to be fully operational and passing their bench testing. I reinstalled the mech and now I can get gears 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 (also can get reverse). I was not able to get the higher gears before....but 3rd gear is still an issue. When the car goes into 3rd, there's no drive and it triggers the "gearbox malfunction, no reverse gear" warning. I'm beginning to wonder if my gearbox if eff'd up. I don't have an advance code reader and have yet to rescan the car. Is it possible that I have a bad third gear? Car has only 52,000 miles.