Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Recommended Air Intake?

KoRe401

Reactions
City
Rhode Island
State
RI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus
Hey Folks, what do you recommend as far as an Intake? APR looks good but I've read it does not fit super great. Any other options or recommendations?

SW_S3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
I went with the lower end 034 Motorsports model P34, fit well, easy install but I want to install an APR catch can system and I learned that one requires the APR intake. Keep that in minid as you shop and let us know how you like it once installed! Mine produces a bit more intake noise up front. Looks good, simple plastic. The stock one is garbage.

Reactions
City
Broxbourne
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3 Sportback
I read on other forums that the next best thing to a racing line or APR intake was to remove the snow grate from the stock air intake, upgrade to a silicone pipe with a turbo inlet elbow and swap out the paper air filter. After much consideration I went down this route - given the relatively cheap cost - I'm pretty pleased with the results - when the car is pushed the intake noise is pretty good (nothing when driving normally though)

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
you should post a pic of the setup.

OP
KoRe401

KoRe401

Reactions
City
Rhode Island
State
RI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus
Thread Starter #5
I read on other forums that the next best thing to a racing line or APR intake was to remove the snow grate from the stock air intake, upgrade to a silicone pipe with a turbo inlet elbow and swap out the paper air filter. After much consideration I went down this route - given the relatively cheap cost - I'm pretty pleased with the results - when the car is pushed the intake noise is pretty good (nothing when driving normally though)
Sounds great! I recently removed the snow grate as well. Can you post pics of the silicone pipe and turbo inlet? Also, where did you get it?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
if anyone needs the apr intake let me know. i get you one.

S3&A4Owner

Reactions
City
Scotland
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 S3
I removed the snow grate and installed an AFE cold air intake. Sounds great and feels quicker(AFE advertises 18hp and 20 ft/lb gain)