Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

S3 brake sticking

njr459

Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2018 S3
My recently purchased S3 cab has an annoying issue. The rear brakes keep sticking when it’s been parked overnight in the garage after its been out in the wet. Obviously this could be due to a small about of corrosion happening, but I’m surprised that this can occur so frequently, and over a relatively short time after being driven- none of my other cars (non-Audi) have done this? Has anyone else had/is having this? The dealership have kind of fobbed it off, saying it needs a software upgrade which they’re waiting for?!

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
My recently purchased S3 cab has an annoying issue. The rear brakes keep sticking when it’s been parked overnight in the garage after its been out in the wet. Obviously this could be due to a small about of corrosion happening, but I’m surprised that this can occur so frequently, and over a relatively short time after being driven- none of my other cars (non-Audi) have done this? Has anyone else had/is having this? The dealership have kind of fobbed it off, saying it needs a software upgrade which they’re waiting for?!
Yes all the time. Do you park it outdoors?

OP
N

njr459

Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2018 S3
Thread Starter #3
No, it’s garaged most of the time. Have you had it looked at?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
If the brakes are wet don't enable the parking brakes.

OP
N

njr459

Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2018 S3
Thread Starter #5
Is this normal and just an Audi thing though? Can’t help feeling I shouldn’t need to do that?!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Is this normal and just an Audi thing though? Can’t help feeling I shouldn’t need to do that?!
It happens to me even after washing my car and letting it sit for a few hours. I would say it's pretty normal.