Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Remapping advice

Richard67

Reactions
City
Brackley
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2021 S3 Sportback
Hi. I am new to the forum but have a 2021 8Y S3 sportback. I am looking at getting the engine and transmission remapped as I think the transmission is hanging in 6th at times and affecting mpg. I would be grateful of any advice or recommendations. So far I have looked at J R Tuning.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks in advance.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
If your transmission is handing I would probably suggest taking it to the dealer before doing any remapping, otherwise they may void your warranty in the event there's issues with the transmission.

OP
R

Richard67

Reactions
City
Brackley
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2021 S3 Sportback
Thread Starter #3
It’s been to the dealer who tell me there’s nothing wrong with it and to be fair there are no DTCs, but they also told me it won’t change in to 7th until over 60 mph which is jot true so I haven’t got a lot of faith in them. Warranty is out in a couple of months any way.

All of my experience was with Ford and a lot of people have told me that remapping the DSG will transform the drive.