Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

15 Audi S3 - Fan

dgcS3

Reactions
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone had the following. I was sitting in my S3 earlier today after a fairly innocuous travel of 45/50 mins. I had the door open and engine running as I sat on my phone (parked obviously) and noticed the fan kept spooling up, then stopping, then spooling up for longer, then cutting out, then spooling up, then cutting out and so forth.

Anyone had this or is this normal? I get if it is hot it would spool and run for a while, just the cutting out and re-spooling part worried me.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Dave C

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Haven't noticed on mine. Could be the thermostat on the fan acting up. Not sure about the S but I've had cars that have a second fan tied to the AC so if you're low on refrigerant that will spin up and then kick off, spin up and kick off if your refrigerant is low and tripping the low pressure switch. It's been really hot here the next time I drive the S I'll try to listen for the fan.