Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Help

Reactions
New to thread. Have a 2017 s3 lowered neuspeed springs. Saw that you can re program car for correct ride height, but apparently it has to be programmed in a sequence. Anyone familiar? Thank you

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've never heard this before. Any pictures of the results?

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
i did see some post on a forum but no real details. mainly if you measure from center of hub to bottom of wheel well you can enter the number thru computer odb and it makes ride much smoother. i have neuspeed lowering springs and its quite firm. thx for response

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm tagging @92683 into this thread to see if he has any ideas

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
hey, sup man.

just to be clear, unless im off base, your saying that you want to re-calibrate the suspension on your car after you have installed lowering springs?

do you have mag-ride?
if you do have this, goto your dealership and have them do the calibration. some may not know about this so call around first. not sure the cost either. dealers have the correct tools that i know of. im not sure about vcds. last i checked it didnt do it.

Last edited:

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
I've never heard this before. Any pictures of the results?
if you have mag-ride, you can and should get the car's computer suspension module (mag-ride module) to recenter its "0" point (when ever changing springs). if its above or below a little the mag system will either add a lot or a little resistance / or activate or deactivate (not sure which one these system uses) till you get back to center while driving. the feeling will be "weird" if the system doesnt know its now sitting on the wrong level.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
if you have mag-ride, you can and should get the car's computer suspension module (mag-ride module) to recenter its "0" point (when ever changing springs). if its above or below a little the mag system will either add a lot or a little resistance / or activate or deactivate (not sure which one these system uses) till you get back to center while driving. the feeling will be "weird" if the system doesnt know its now sitting on the wrong level.
thanks so much for the info and my bad for no response quickly got off line for a bit. thanks again tho very helpful and much appreciated. will look into this

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
hey, sup man.

just to be clear, unless im off base, your saying that you want to re-calibrate the suspension on your car after you have installed lowering springs?

do you have mag-ride?
if you do have this, goto your dealership and have them do the calibration. some may not know about this so call around first. not sure the cost either. dealers have the correct tools that i know of. im not sure about vcds. last i checked it didnt do it.
sorry again for delay been offline for a while. yes mag ride and want to re calibrate if possible after lowering springs. seems to bottom out easily but not dropped very much at all. just wasnt sure if there was a fix for bottoming out feeling. thx

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
so there are options for you. as the car is aging there have been new info and tech.

for what is out there, coding and tech.
coding:
can be done at the dealership. this is a hit or miss. meaning that some audi service centers may not even know that is this possible. so you could become frustrated getting them to first understand this is possible with their computers and then getting them to want to learn how to do it. think, government and how long it would take them to pass a new law and start practicing it.

as far home coding, it doesn't exist yet. we may need a different system and its very costly to buy to even do it ourselves. vcds does not seem to allow us to do this yet.

another options is going 3rd party coding.
i wouldn't go 3rd party as it is pretty sketchy and i have heard of some people getting hosed and its not worth the headache.

the cost is there in case your calculating it. it is not free. since this is a service that your paying for there are no refunds. so if there are problems or there is no final satisfaction. such as it didn't do what you wanted, then your stuck. also when you go back to stock or even get different springs you must recode it. even if its the same product or height you would want to recode it. with that, you have to repay for that service again. keep doing it enough times it will cost a lot more than you would have though.

tech:
there are new tech that can help adjust this now. you would just buy the hardware and install. its plug-n-play.
one that comes to mind is the DSC sport system.

magride controller tuner system

price is there and is not cheap either.

i prefer the is over the other even when the other is lower in price.
why, the ROI of the product.
not exactly accounting by what im saying but let me explain.
when you buy a service, you don't know what your getting till its done. even if they describe it, your not sure if it will turn out right.
your also finished when they are done with their service. you cant resell that service, if it doesn't work the way you like, after your done with it, or if you decide to change your mind down the road.
again, if you change out different springs you can do this adjustment at home and as many times as you like.

with an actual piece of hardware, you can sell it at anytime.
you may loose a little of your initial investment but your still able to get back most of it.
another thing with this particular product, it allows you to also choose setting. as a coding service does not. this unit says it can zero out your parameter to the new ride height then do other settings for stiffness and such.

i hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
so there are options for you. as the car is aging there have been new info and tech.

coding:
can be done at the dealership. this is a hit or miss. meaning that some audi service centers may not even know that is this possible. so you could become frustrated getting them to first understand this is possible with their computers and then getting them to want to learn how to do it. think, government and how long it would take them to pass a new law and start practicing it.

as far home coding, it doesn't exist yet. we may need a different system and its very costly to buy to even do it ourselves. vcds does not seem to allow us to do this yet.

i wouldn't go 3rd party as it is pretty sketchy and i have heard of some people getting hosed and its not worth the headache.

the cost is there in case your calculating it. it is not free. since this is a service that your paying for there are no refunds. so if there are problems or there is no final satisfaction. such as it didn't do what you wanted, then your stuck. also when you go back to stock or even get different springs you must recode it. even if its the same product or height you would want to recode it. with that, you have to repay for that service again. keep doing it enough times it will cost a lot more than you would have though.

tech:
there are new tech that can help adjust this now. you would just buy the hardware and install. its plug-n-play.

when you buy a service, you don't know what your getting till its done. even if they describe it, your not sure if it will turn out right.
your also finished when they are done with their service. you cant resell that service, if it doesn't work the way you like, after your done with it, or if you decide to change your mind down the road.
again, if you change out different springs you can do this adjustment at home and as many times as you like.

you may loose a little of your initial investment but your still able to get back most of it.
another thing with this particular product, it allows you to also choose setting. as a coding service does not. this unit says it can zero out your parameter to the new ride height then do other settings for stiffness and such.

i hope that helps.
you are right not cheap but should be helpful. thanks for the prompt response and i do get it on the 3rd party stuff, been there before! have you used that product before? any success with it? thanks again!!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
no experience with it personally. i plan on going coilovers.
if budgets allow i would like to go 3 way with coilovers.
im actually surprised how slow we get new innovations with this car. im thinking new stuff will still be coming even 10 more years from now.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #12

coding:

tech:

i hope that helps.
no experience with it personally. i plan on going coilovers.
if budgets allow i would like to go 3 way with coilovers.
im actually surprised how slow we get new innovations with this car. im thinking new stuff will still be coming even 10 more years from now.
totally agree! Wanted carbon fiber hood but most will fit the rs3 and not s3. I was able to do some good things but just not happy ride since loweri

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
yeah the lowering it with springs is more costly than most people realize. there's a lot of parts that is still needed. to get it to run right. at that point its just better to get full coilovers.

i would like to try the haldex controller tho. that looks to be fun. you can do adjustments to how much the rear engages. more feel and fun i think.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
yeah the lowering it with springs is more costly than most people realize. there's a lot of parts that is still needed. to get it to run right. at that point its just better to get full coilovers.

i would like to try the haldex controller tho. that looks to be fun. you can do adjustments to how much the rear engages. more feel and fun i think.
True it’s been costly and you are right that still needs some care. Would be fun if you can set it to 100% rear and do a burnout lol. With tune the car still can spin all 4 but not for long

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3

here is your burnout. ... donut

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
let us know if you do get this.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I didn't think the 3 had ride height thought it was only higher models. Mag ride is only dampening.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
your correct, its only for dampening.
i don't think i said ride height? did i?