Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Our '17 S3 Issues!

S3VM3

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3
Hi! My wife has had her 17' S3 for about 2 months. And the car has been in the dealership multiple times due too some (not major) but annoying issues that we have been having. Car is still in dealership still to this day.

1. When the car was less than a week old coming to a complete stop was not good (Still isn't). Especially from anything above 20 MPH the car would violently shake. And you would hear this loud squealing noise coming from the front wheels. Audi replaced the pads, F&R rotors (Replaced rear just to be safe). And that still hasn't solved the issue and our dealership still can't diagnose the issue.

2. We have a Prestige Trim level car which has power folding mirrors. When ever you fold the mirror's in (Via interior button) the drivers mirror motor will continue to try to fold the mirror in. Which causes the mirror to continuously push up against the window and eventually will stop after about 5 minutes. Dealership fixed this issue as of last week. But now when you fold the mirrors in the driver mirror only folds about 20% of the way!

3. Headlights we have Full LED headlights on our car and we noticed this the week after delivery. That the passenger side headlight will sometimes not turn on when you start the engine. Only thing thats on is the LED drl other than that the headlight itself just looks dead. But get this if you turn the lights off then back on again its on but won't level itself. Dealership still cant figure out this issue either they had replaced the entire headlight assembly which fixed it temporarily. Then 2 weeks later it started to do it again.

4. Engine: Sometimes we will hear this ticking sound from the engine when we start up the engine. And the RPMS will be up to about 5000. Happens even if the engine is warm. Which then causes a check engine light to activate and flash. Car is currently in the Dealership for this and the Headlights, Mirrors, Car veering to the left, and the violent shaking coming from the car.

Audi is working so hard to try to solve these issue with our car with less than 2k miles on it. Our dealership has tried their best to help us out. They have even gave us a 2017 Audi S8 BRAND NEW to drive until our car is ready. My wife say's she misses her 2014 BMW 335i.......... But for now we just need to enjoy this S8 that they gave us with a 134k price tag.[hihi]

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Sorry to hear about your issues. Have you tried to reach out to Audi directly via their customer support number? Sounds like you may have a good claim for a buy back.

OP
S3VM3

S3VM3

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3
Thread Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your issues. Have you tried to reach out to Audi directly via their customer support number? Sounds like you may have a good claim for a buy back.
Yep! They continue to tell us to take car back to the dealership! And they keep telling us to call Audi. The car has been to 2 other dealerships in our area and they have tried to fix it. But can't. Audi CS has been giving us the run around. Sadly to say I am definitely disappointed with Audi CS [?|] in general but im quite happy with our dealership. They have even agreed with us that the car has been in the dealership longer than we have actually driven it. Last time we had the car it had 1,879 Miles on it. And majority of those miles are to and from the dealership.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Have you documented all this on video? Hate the fact that Audi isn't owning up to a bad product.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Audi gave me the run around with my MMI issue too. I would suggest calling Audi again and getting a reference # and have it escalated to a field representative going over your case. Video record everything so you can use as proof. Good luck and I hope they buy it back.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I think it's great the dealership is working with you to try to resolve the problem. Regardless, I would aggressively go after Audi CS to buy that car back and get you a new one. I wouldn't spend $50K to have my car sit in the shop. That is entirely unacceptable.

OP
S3VM3

S3VM3

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3
Thread Starter #7
I think it's great the dealership is working with you to try to resolve the problem. Regardless, I would aggressively go after Audi CS to buy that car back and get you a new one. I wouldn't spend $50K to have my car sit in the shop. That is entirely unacceptable.
Every time we get Audi CS someone says that they are going to do "This" and "That" and are going to give me a call back. And that never happens we call them back and they just hang up. For our 1st Audi we aren't very pleased. Don't get me wrong the car is beautiful and we like it (When it works). My wife says that if they would just replace her S3 she would be perfectly fine. But right now she isn't happy. And want's to get her BMW back............

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
How many time has the car been to the dealer in total for the same problem? Have you tried consulting a law firm that specializes in lemon laws? Most of these law firms won't charge you upfront and make money by billing the manufacturer.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
You are in CA; look into and start a Lemmon Law buy back.

OP
S3VM3

S3VM3

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3
Thread Starter #10
How many time has the car been to the dealer in total for the same problem? Have you tried consulting a law firm that specializes in lemon laws? Most of these law firms won't charge you upfront and make money by billing the manufacturer.
The car has been to the dealership about 15 times for multiple different issues. It's been in 6 out of 15 of those times has been for the Engine light flashing. No we haven't been really contacting any law firms we've been talking to the DS about them exchanging the car. For another one. Hopefully they will actually agree and do it.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I'm sure you qualify for a lemon buy back. Either way hope you do get a new car.