Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Tuning advise please

OO08NAY

Reactions
City
Leicestershire
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2013 S3
779120CB-FE30-408F-9587-C0CF47AF3676.jpeg
Morning all recently purchased a 2013 Audi S3 and is a manual box totally standard and am looking for tuning ideas/advise. Have been looking at sports cat and induction kit but have read for sports cat most say stage 2 tune required. Is this this the case and where would you start with tuning from standard. Thanks in advance

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
get the cobb accessport would be my recommendation. then go get a protune from a shop. that will maximize your car to the best possible whp you can get. as you add more parts you just get a new ap map by a shop you like.

i would recommend waiting till you get enough new parts on to make your new maps worth it each time.

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
I agree with the COBB accessport.
Since your in the UK, pretty sure you will have other options,
you can check out MRC tunning / REVO/

I have a REVO port switch which is was going to get tuned with but decided to go with the COBB.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
good to hear from another cobb user.

im getting pretty good results from my personal tuned maps.
my goal is in this particular order of importance to me. other brands would have issues doing this or could not do it as its only premade maps for another car that you would then water it down to make work on the majority of customers.

but here is my order of importance.
1. fueling. must be at stoichiometric (ratio: 14.7:1). this does 2 things. gives efficient power at the best fuel consumption.
2. increase power to the max line or over by -1 (ret)
3. good low throttle and midrange driveability
4. smooth curves. a lumpy-power curve is not fun to drive 99% of the time.

what map did you end up going with?

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Audi S3
good to hear from another cobb user.

im getting pretty good results from my personal tuned maps.
my goal is in this particular order of importance to me. other brands would have issues doing this or could not do it as its only premade maps for another car that you would then water it down to make work on the majority of customers.

but here is my order of importance.
1. fueling. must be at stoichiometric (ratio: 14.7:1). this does 2 things. gives efficient power at the best fuel consumption.
2. increase power to the max line or over by -1 (ret)
3. good low throttle and midrange driveability
4. smooth curves. a lumpy-power curve is not fun to drive 99% of the time.

what map did you end up going with?
I have a total of 4 different Maps from two Different Tuners
I have EQT: stage 1, 2 E30 & stage 2 93 pump. 5150 Racing custom tune which I'm currently on.

I do find it a bit stressful when getting a tune from these Vendors I find it more safe and more reliable when going with a custom tune. I feel at ease to spend the extras cash and know I have a tune specifically for my set up/ want/ need/

Those OTS tune maps they sell are a bit better than the COBB OTS tune that comes with the access port.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i agree. yes, they are scary.

cobb is pretty conservative if i can even say that.
but do a log and see what your engine looks like.

i personally am still on the lookout for another custom tuner as well. the one i have just did a couple of adjustment maps and ditched my emails. so im not sure if should keep trying to contact him at this point or what. the map seels guessed at best. better than ots cobb mapping but i dont feel its really maximized for what i paid for.