Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

Anyone have a clear bra on their S3?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
I was thinking of getting a clear bra for my Audi S3 and wondering which brand did should I got with?

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I have Ventureshield on mine. Didn't do the entire hood, but wished I had spent the extra few hundred to do it from the beginning.

OP
GlacierS3
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Thread Starter #3
Thanks just made an appointment to get a clear bra on mine. Decided to go with Xpel.

vaisi

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 S3
We got ours through a place recommended by the Service Manager at the dealership where we got the S3 from. The same people worked on our Q5 aswell. The place is in Plesanton, CA. Very happy with quality of work. I'll post some pictures shortly.

MsBrit

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Had the entire front on the car (plus back of mirrors) done the day I bought it. Brand: Xpel

OP
GlacierS3
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Thread Starter #6
Had the entire front on the car (plus back of mirrors) done the day I bought it. Brand: Xpel
How does yours look?

MsBrit

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
So far no complaints - bugs seems to come off quite easily and it appears to take to high water pressure alright. Mine is a black car, so there were a few very small bubbles that appeared along the outer "well" line of the hood. Most of them were fixable, but I can still see some. I guess they are better than rock chips though.

bakedcorn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking of getting a clear bra for my Audi S3 and wondering which brand did should I got with?
Hi...

Just chiming in... I recently had the 3M clearbra installed and has saved me on a few occasions from stone chips and other tiny debris when driving on the Toronto highways.

It is not the Pro version so mine is a bit thicker and I plan on installing the kit on my wife's A3. Paying almost a grand for the product including installation is a bit much for me.

I have the full front bumper, partial hood, partial fenders and mirrors.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
I xpel covered my whole car. I used to have the small area done to my previous cars. I thought it worked well before so why not do the whole car now. its been on for a few months and its pretty good. any rock chips that would have happened doesn't now. so the car will look the same from the day its installed till later with no worries of door scratches, bumper, or hood chips.

my OCD is preserved.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I have had a clear bra installed on all the cars I have bought in the past 12 years. The initial cost is a bit steep but the good news is if the car is ever hit/damaged, once the clear bra is installed the insurance company pays to have it re-installed. On the S3 I will have the complete hood wrapped, front bumper, headlights and mirror backs. I will likely have door edge strips installed as well as a rear bumper protection piece in case my wife drags something on the bumper when putting something in the trunk. I will also have them add the door handle cups and possibly the A-pillars. The little pieces are damn near free when doing the big items. I believe in protecting the front of the car as the freeways in the Bay Area are in poor condition and rocks and debris are all over the place. I average a windshield a year on my commuter.

IgorZ

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Got my S3 covered with Xpel. Full hood, fenders, mirrors and front bumper. Looks good. A little pricey. Also, covered entire car with Opti Coat Pro.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Got my S3 covered with Xpel. Full hood, fenders, mirrors and front bumper. Looks good. A little pricey. Also, covered entire car with Opti Coat Pro.
It'll pay for itself after the first rock chip prevention lol

bakedcorn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
So true lol. A buddy decided against a clearbra on his AMG CLA 45 and has a ding on his hood

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The roads in our Country are just in poor repair. That, in addition to all of the large haulers losing their loads as they drive down the freeway, cement trucks dropping stuff, and it is hard to keep a car nice. The clear-bra is at least an attempt to keep the car nice and still drive it daily.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
The roads in our Country are just in poor repair. That, in addition to all of the large haulers losing their loads as they drive down the freeway, cement trucks dropping stuff, and it is hard to keep a car nice. The clear-bra is at least an attempt to keep the car nice and still drive it daily.
what country are you in? your English writing skills are very good. better than most American born citizens I have seen.

Magnuman

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Who did you use to install? I am in the east bay.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I used REL ClearBra through B&S Hacienda Auto Body in San Ramon. They did a good job.

92683 - I meant our County...not Country. Although, in California the roads are generally in horrible condition. I recently drove across our Country, I believe it was the end of June, and found the roads everywhere we drove to be in good repair except for California. We pay a ton in taxes and our Libtard government in CA can't take care of the damn roads.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
I used REL ClearBra through B&S Hacienda Auto Body in San Ramon. They did a good job.

92683 - I meant our County...not Country. Although, in California the roads are generally in horrible condition. I recently drove across our Country, I believe it was the end of June, and found the roads everywhere we drove to be in good repair except for California. We pay a ton in taxes and our Libtard government in CA can't take care of the damn roads.
lol.
oh, thought you were maybe in egypt. "cairo"

yeah it sucks when they take and dont give.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Old post but I'll add a pic. The previous owner did mine and 4 years later I think it still looks fantastic.
The nose is done and parts of the trunk. You can't even tell it's on there.

20190811_183937.jpg