Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

which sizes do you guys think look better? 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / etc....

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
just going by aesthetics only, which rim size do you think will look much better on the s3?

i personally was thinking about going 18x9.5 inches, and lower it to match the fenders.

whats all your opinion about sizes?
if you have awesome photos post them up or photos of others cars you think are awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
For me 19" seem to be the perfect fit if you're not lowered. 18" if you are.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
If you're going for better looks then 19" for sure

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
What wheels do you have in mind?

Wireless

Reactions
If anyone does it, just remember that changing the wheels to oversize may change the offset, and start scrubbing/handling changes.

Personally I opted for stock refurbed 18s on the coil over lowered suspension (which also changes handling), with the stock offset, spacers on the rear made the steering more sensitive (turns in quicker), but then I like that, others may not, and if you're not expecting it, it could be an 'oh sh!t' moment during a spirited drive.

So I have handling changes, without the scrubbing.

In case anyone wants to look at the potential changes to their suspension/steering, before purchasing anything, just take a ruler under the car, measure the clearances you have between tyres and bodywork, and whilst lock to lock on the steering, and use this handy on-line tool.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Wireless

Reactions
Is the centre of the tyre on the steering axle in the same place as it would be with stock wheels? If not you could use spacers if its a higher offset number on your current wheels.

Changed offset and use of spacers is not going to cause scrubbing on a rear axle, unless you have rear wheel steering, but scrubbing does occur on the front steering axle if the offset is changed, or spacers are added to stock wheels, since this changes the steering geometry.

Any change us going to change the handling, but scrubbing increases tyre wear, and might allow the front wheels to lose grip earlier in poor road or weather conditions.