Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

S3 review

Luke H.

Reactions
Hi all,

After the first 500 kms. in my new S3 (my third AUDI), these are some things I noticed. If you care to post a comment, please do!

- the adaptive suspension in comfort mode is a let down. It's still quite firm on uneven roads
- the rev counter goes to the red zone in a particular gear after a kick down. There is definitely a noticeable lag
- luckily no squeaks or rattles in the cabin (like some others mentioned)
- the up shifts are really smooth and instantaneous when you drive off
- it really pulls when you put your foot down on the accelerator in S-mode from a stand still (even without the launch mode). It feels solid in a straight line.
- sometimes the electronics go a bit haywire: certain functions (i.e. stability control) or modes are switched on/off for no apparent reason
- D-mode is excellent for cruising. The efficiency mode is very tame.
- the brakes require a gentle approach, they grip immediately (especially when reversing)
- love the B&O sound system, the SD card in the CD player with my personal music collection works great. Even YouTube fragments sound great with ample bass and noise cancelling

Last edited:

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I agree with you on the comfort mode. Which is why I ran 18's for a while now I went up a size to 245/35/19's much better ride. It's still stiff but not as harsh as the 235/35/19's. They fit quite nice with no rubbing on stock offsets.